Monday, May 18, 2009

Wet Mop Stampede

Wet Mop Stampede

This morning I was stressing over having to Swifer and wet mop the floor tonight and started thinking, hey why not. Pulled out the Stampede threw in some low gearing so I wouldn't shoot the Pede through a wall, drilled a couple holes in my Project Stampede Skid Plate, and a couple holes in my floor pad mop head, zip tied it together using some leather shoe laces as the drag chains. Drop the damp rag under the floor mop head as usually and start driving. Funny thing is it works surprisingly well for the main open areas. Of course the corners and harder to reach areas need to be done by hand, but still actually a semi-useful idea.

Swiffer Stampede

Later in the morning I started thinking that I could probably attach a standard Swiffer head to the front of the Project Stampede using available spar parts. 2 each - front and rear bearing carriers, two front stock turnbuckles and some shoulder screws. Screwed the front bearing carrier to the Swiffer, and the rear bearing carriers to the RPM bumper. Roomba Smumba... Works great, and I can use the wet pads also. System has plenty of give in case of low speed accidents.

No comments: