Monday, May 18, 2009

Bad Horsie Shock Covers


I saw these nice little covers over in the E-Rustler forum and within 5 minutes of reading the one line post I was $8 poorer in my Paypal account with some BadHorsie.com shock covers on the way to me.



Although I have blathered incessantly about the clay soil of Nebraska and how it gets everywhere, I wanted, correction, needed a pair of shock covers to prevent almost constant cleaning of my shocks on my Stampede Project Ultra-Pede. After the entire Stampede Project has been all about reducing maintenance and increasing durability.

They arrived quickly in about 4 days via a padded USPS envelop with only a hobby accessory style bag with what looked like a ink jet printer card stapled to the top stating is was for a Stampede/Rustler/Sport SE/Bandit. God bless resourceful small businesses. Made me feel like I was supporting the little guy. No complaints, just observations. Had the shock covers been from one of our larger aftermarket accessory brethren, I am sure they would have cost twice as much.

They must have figured that installation was pretty intuitive, because no instructions or assembly diagrams were included. Note to BadHorsie.com, maybe some online documentation would be helpful for those that need a little more handholding, I think "Remove spring, slip over spring, tuck ends into inside of spring, re-install" would be enough if printed on the card attached to the bag. And that's how easy they were to install.

These ingeniously simple little accessories slip easily over your spring, the extra material get tucked inside the spring and slide back on the shocks. Everything is held in place just like normal, except you now have these little scotch guard coated shock dust-boots that keep all the junk off of the shock rods and ultimately junk from working it's way inside your shocks. They also look trick.

Wonderful. Another neat little product that is sure to reduce ongoing maintenance.

No comments: