Monday, May 18, 2009

Traxxas Aluminum Shock Caps for Rustler/Stampede

Traxxas Aluminum Shock Caps for Rustler/Stampede - Everyone says the stock plastic ones pop off and blow silicon shock oil every where (you don't want to have to clean this stuff up), having swapped them out the aluminum versions before even a first run, I have never had a problem. (See Miss-Behaving-RC in Useful Links for the how to). Note pick up a roll of Teflon tape form the hardware store and some Trinity Buggy Blast and some 50wt Silicon Oil from your hobby shop while you are at it. If you follow the directions on Mis-behaving-RC you will have a shock almost as strong as aluminum model at far less the price. You will thank me for telling you this the first 2-3 foot jump the Stampede makes un-eventfully. From a long term perspective, I see no reason for me upgrade to better shock, the rebuild takes the best plastic shock in the industry and makes it handle anything I've been able to throw at it.

No comments: