Monday, May 18, 2009

Sticky Hub Fix and Creating Easy Wheel Spin

Sticky Hub Fix and Creating Easy Wheel Spin
Something I noticed before and after my RPM bearing carrier upgrade was the two of my tires would not freely spin when the wheel nut was properly snug. Originally I thought this was normal, due to the stock bushings, but it turns out that the inside of the hub (Hex Adapter - the plastic piece that keys into the rim), was slightly to thick and was pressing against the washer and in turn the bearing carrier when the wheel was tightened. A easy and permanent fix is to use some extra-fine sand paper and sand down the inside of the hub (about 5-7 passes should do). Some of the four injection molding marks were raised and also needed to sanded down. Wash it off and give it a spin. You may need to give the hub a second sanding to make it work. I think you will find you you'll want to do this on all four wheels after you see the huge improvement.

No comments: