Monday, May 18, 2009

Dual Front Camber Links

Part of Project Stampede Ultra-Pede Build - See this

Another accidental innovation.

Originally, I installed the double sided pivot balls because, I thought it would make things a lot more flexible in the long run. You could mount/position the camber however you wanted on the fly and could have multiple preset camber lengths to snap on for different camber and suspension set ups.

Also I thought for testing it would make things easier without tearing apart the front end just to move the placement of the camber link placement from the front to rear mount. I though the dual cambers would be cool looking and fun to post for everyone enjoyment, but I never really intended to leave them on. After using this set up, they are not coming off - they are a permanent addition to the Ultra-Pede, it is insanely solid and durable.


What's really sick is that I can also use dual Jato Camber links like the single one I am running on the rear.

I tried the Dual Jato's but though that was complete and utter overkill.

You look at that setup and think, that's overkill. But then you get it installed and notice immediately the torque'ing at the attachment of the caster block and the shock tower has been eliminated. Also you are not able to wiggle the caster at all and is as solid as the attachment at the A-Arm. Running the camber links more equally distributed the load on both sides of the caster blocks and shock tower and should greatly reduce the probably of damage to the front suspension.

All of a sudden you really start to think that it should have been that way to begin with to handle what we are subjecting our Pede's to. In the end dual camber links are still overkill, I ended up going with single Jato camber links all around that I have been all but completely happy with.

No comments: