Monday, May 18, 2009

Front and Rear Shock Tower Braces

This was a pretty funny innovation. I was seeing what I could do with all the left over turnbuckles in my toolbox. I put it up to the shocks and called myself a genius. I never liked the way those shocks hung out there on the mounting posts without additional support. In fact most of the breakages I saw and have seem on other Stampedes and Rustlers are due to weakness in this area.

An easy way to significantly strengthen up the front shock tower is to add these Project Stampede Exclusive Shock Tower Braces. Although this was part of my Ultra-Pede conversion, this is something I should have done much earlier and recommend to everyone. I was going through shock towers like crazy until I moved over to the Nitro Shock tower, however this has strengthened it even more.

This is basically a cut down 54mm Traxxas Turnbuckles previously used for the Front camber links #1937 and reused rod ends. Also need either grub screws or longer bolts. The Rear turnbuckles is my old steering tie rod (I think) left from the front end after the Ultra-Pede conversion.

No comments: