Sunday, August 21, 2011

Losi Super 8


Losi Super 8
This originally was the RC Car magazine featured How-To brushless conversion of a Losi 8 that I did after the 2007 Ihobby show... Losi kept the other one I converted. It was powered by a 1512 Neu motor. I almost sold this recently because I just don’t run at the track any longer and the low clearance just didn’t run well in the grass around my place.
I kept this RC instead of a Duratrax ST - The Duratrax was an 1/8th scale buggy with truggy tires and was a huge blast, but parts replacement was an issue. Only in August of 2011 did I realize I could do the same with the Losi 8 and now it totally kicks ass after just adding some Pro-Line Truggy tires No wheel adapters/extensions needed and there is not tire rubbing.
On the next wheel replacement I will go for ½” offset wheels, just to give me a bit wider stance. The gearing required a smaller 12T pinion and an upgrade to a 1515-1Y Neu motor... with 4S it can power flip itself, handles like a dream, and is definitely a unique sci-fi looking RC with the Buggy body.



No comments: